V3 API Maintenance Notification - March 10th, 2022

Aarron_G
Employee
0 Votes

Constant Contact will be conducting maintenance on our V3 API today, March 10th, from approximately 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET.

During this time period, any applications/integrations which have not yet been updated to use our new authorization management service (as documented here) will receive a 401 Unauthorized error response to any requests made to our V3 API.

The following categories of applications will not be affected:

• V3 applications which have been updated to use our new authorization service
  • V3 applications registered since Feb. 10th
  • Applications using our V2 API

Thank you in advance for your patience.

For all applications affected by this maintenance, please note:

Our previous V3 API authorization management service will no longer be available as of March 31st.

If you have any questions about updating your application, please contact our API Support team at webservices@constantcontact.com

Aarron G.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
2 REPLIES 2
DanielH547
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I'm getting the new really long access token, but sending it to /token-info is resulting in 401. Is it because the system is still in maintenance mode, or do I have to parse something out of the token and send that?

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello DanielH547,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. 

The Access Token Information endpoint is only compatible with old uncopied keys that still use our old authorization management service, and will not work with the new JWT access tokens. As of March 31, 2022, this POST method is being depreciated. To view the scopes associated with an access token, parse the access token (JWT) claims.

If you're unfamiliar with parsing JWTs, I'd suggest looking for a standalone JWT decoder tool or doing it in code. There are many free JWT decoders available online. If doing it in code, the OpenID Foundation maintains a list of libraries implementing JWT and JOSE specs, which may be a good starting point. Their list can be found here: https://openid.net/developers/jwt/

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.