Only 2 Weeks Remain in the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

confusion regarding the masher vs desktop programming

EdR
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

using the api reference "try it" mechanism, i have some success, and am trying to emulate it using a desktop application written in Python. When i test an endpoint it appears it will work one of the two choices ( signout or Oauth ). How do i interpret this on the desktop, that one needs oauth authorization ( and what does that imply -> some process of tokenizing ?) and the signout choice interpretation what does that mean as well? ( that ai need a header with a Bearer and a token? Or does it all mean nothing in terms of what i am trying to do? basically i need two calls, one to get the campaign id ( for which i want to use the Collection Email Campaign report end point, and then for each of the campaign_ids returned, use the get email link report.

I am now trying to use the device flow, and believe that somehow that will do what i need, but am not at all sure that is correct way to go. in trying to follow the documentation, for these different calls, how to construct the headers and what substitutions need to be made for each of them, i think there are seven? I've tried a few times in email with snapshots, but yet to be able to connect . thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello EdR,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

It looks like we've already followed up with you directly via email, but I wanted to close the loop here as well. If you haven't received our reply, please let us know via email at webservices@constantcontact.com, and reference case number 32554033.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.