using the API to build my own Update Profile page

HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi,

I need to do things that the Constant Contact, in its current state, cannot do. What I want to do seems pretty simple.

1. I want to show a page with paragraphs, bullet points, images, etc.
  2. I want people to be able to manage their subscriptions and their profile using a human-readable list name instead of the internal names we use.
  3. I want to separate English from French in a useful manner—either two separate pages or a well laid out single page with whitespace instead of a single paragraph.

Can I use the API to do this? If so, how does that work?

This seems to be a problem similar to the one in this thread:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/API-Developer-Support/Has-ANYONE-found-a-workaround-for-the...

If that's the case, please let me know and I'll just abandon my attempts now.

Thanks,

L

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello HopeandCope,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

At this time, the workaround provided in the post that you linked is going to be the most viable option as far as building your own custom Update Profile page, as the customization options for Constant Contact's  built in Update Profile tool are somewhat limited:

Let contacts update their information and list preferences with the Update Profile Form

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5778-update-profile-form

Essentially, you'd need to build/code your own integration to pass data to Constant Contact, and also create a webpage to host the form that your customers would be able to access.

If you have further questions regarding Constant Contact's V3 API, please feel free to reach out to our team directly via email at webservices@constantcontact.com and reference case #31200204.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.