#7 - Faith, Integrity, Impact, and Abundance with Dereck E. Moore

Kyle_R
Administrator

Some of the best lessons in business come from sports. Just ask former Arizona State football player Dereck E. Moore.

Dereck bought Building Maintenance of Tomorrow in Costa Mesa, California, in 2011 and remains the company’s president and CEO. One of Dereck’s biggest lessons from his time as a student-athlete was the value of leaning on coaches and mentors. He receives guidance from colleagues in the industry, a business coach, and a spiritual mentor. 

Dereck also stays true to his company’s values when choosing employees and clients. 

“We try to identify clients that can embrace [our] core values and believe in the same type of things and how to do business. I made a conscious decision a few years ago that all money is not good money. And I'm not going to take every client, and I'm going to be very strategic and deliberate about the clients that we do take on.”

Tune in to this episode of Be A Marketer to hear Dereck talk with host Dave Charest, Director of Small Business Success at Constant Contact. They discuss coaching, spreading the word, providing stellar customer service, and leading with values. 

👉 Learn more about 100 Black Men of America, an organization where Dereck mentors. 

Meet Today’s Guest: Dereck E. Moore of Building Maintenance of Tomorrow

What he does: Dereck owns Buliding Maintenance of Tomorrow, a California-based janitorial company. He prides himself on finding employees and customers that align with the company’s values of faith, integrity, impact, and abundance. He’s been a Constant Contact user for several years.

💡 Key quote: “To win any type of game, you have to have the right team, the right teammates, and the right coach. There is somebody that knows more than you that can tell you a better way to do it. And you need to follow the script — they can put the blueprint together. But when it's time to go play on the field, then you go out there and do your job, and get it done. And as long as we're in sync, we have an opportunity to win.”

👋 Where to find him: LinkedIn

👋 Where to find Building Maintenance of Tomorrow: Website | LinkedIn

Get your questions answered on an upcoming episode.