Rounded Corners for Buttons

Would love to be able to make the buttons in emails look like buttons with rounded corners.  On this email http://conta.cc/28K5RX9 I had to use a button with sharp 90 degree corners for the Register button.   allows for rounding the edges...even making the edge a color separate from the button color.

21 Comments
Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor
You should have the options of making the buttons different shapes. Like a circle or something.
Contributor

We would like to be able to change the size of the button feature. Although we may have small text in the button (i.e. Contact Us) we still feel that a larger/longer button catches more attention. 

Employee

Regular Visitor

Thanks to Support Center for prompt answer to my question via Chat. Thanks Bryan!

For now in the third editor generation there is no possibility to customize the size of the buttons. I have 4 of them in my e-mail and their length adjust to the length of the text. I think it will be great that the product may offer the button size customization.

Great idea @ChurchillY,

I'm opening up your feedback for voting!

Employee
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Voting closed not enough votes

Frequent Visitor

Why has this never been resolved, it is obviously a common concern among users to be able to use rounded edge buttons?

Occasional Advisor

Please bring back rounded corners on buttons. Otherwise buttons simply look like a block of text instead of a CTA.

I do not know if this helps anyone, but instead of trying to deal with the crap support and using the bland buttons, I have begun creating my own buttons through photoshop and simply adding a link to it.

If you have the ability to create your own button I highly recommend it. I am sure free programs like Gimp would even do the trick.

Employee
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Thanks for your feedback! At this time due to the number of votes this has received we will be marking this as closed. At any time feel free to submit your idea to us again.

Frequent Visitor

I am a new client of CC and I am quite disappointed.  During my trial phase of using the program, before we made the decision to purchase it, I used the various features and ways to modify the look of the emails and was quite pleased.  I was able to do so much more than my previous service.  When the decision was made to purchase the system, at a greater cost but what we deemed worth it, I was shocked to see a new format.  I was no longer able to do what I had done and fell in love with in the previous weeks of trial phase.  I understand how you feel this new update may be easier for some users who have no design capabilities or want to only be able to do things very quickly with minimal effort. There are days when this is a benefit. There are some of us though who have design abilities and would like to be able to use those abilities within the emails.  Little items such as choosing a font size (not predetermined) or different line spacing.  I definitely am not happy I can no longer change box sizes, shapes, and outlines, etc.  Why did you have to simplify to such an extreme!  Or why not give people options on the level of manipulations we would prefer.  I am disappointed.  If you do nothing else, please immediately move the format box a little farther away form where you are working so you can see what you are doing and how if works with other items within close proximity (or better yet - allow users to determine where they would like the format boxes to be!)  Now after writing this - and re-reading it, I see there are just so many little things but these little items add up.  Those who made the decisions on these changes just plain and simple got it wrong.  Provide more flexibility and bring back the great features you had.

Employee

Hello @FirstBaptist_Rochester,

Thank you for taking the time to supply us with that very detailed feedback! Your feedback is very much appreciated and it helps us to make future changes to our product. I am very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with Constant Contact so far. I see that you mentioned the ability to change font sizes and line spacing. Currently, you do have the ability to change font sizes and adjust line spacing. Is there more customization that you are looking to do with these features?

Feel free to alway join us back on our feedback section to let know more!

Occasional Contributor

Voting should not be closed! There should definitely be an option for at least rounded corners and the user should be able to choose the corner radius.

Retail

I agree with this

Hi, as part of my design template, I would prefer the button option populate a rounded edge 'button' not square. Thank you!
Frequent Visitor

I still don't know why even simple concepts which numerous people are expressing are not being addressed.  If you need a simplified version for some people fine but why do you not allow those of us with some design capabilities to design. Not being allowed to change the size of a button or outline it with another color -- come on -- these are simple items. What if I want a border around my entire email or want a line between two sections - yea - I figured out a work around but really!  The old system was fantastic.  This is not being able to get used to the new system it is not liking the inflexible design capabilities of the new system.

Please, please, please bring back at least some of the old features!

Frequent Visitor

Button size changes not linked to what you write inside. (Small, Medium, Large, Full width)

Borders on the buttons.

Rounded corners on buttons.

Vertical lines between boxes (without having to use a work around).

Control over which boxes gets read in order between email (computer) view to pad or phone view.

Better border controls around the entire email or individuals areas.

Editing box pop-ups further away from copy so that you can see what you are working on.

... and these are just a few off the top of my head without taking hardly any time to think about it.

Constant Contact. Congrats on your new look! Glad to see that you're promoting your services with rounded buttons in your own email. 

Now that you see you like the feature yourself can you make it available for the rest of us? 

Everyone wants rounded corners. Stop this voting nonsense. 

Please.

Occasional Advisor

Agree 100% with @louisiana_oil_and_gas association.

I didn't even know this poll was open. I don't have a lot of time to spend in this forum. I would have definitely voted for it.