Join Us in Celebrating Small Business Week!

[Events 2.0] Select different field options for different ticket types

Events 2.0 Registration form setup > Beta Specific Ticket Types lack full customization and need additional work.

Scenario: You have three tickets and need different Registration form fields for each ticket. The Show and Hide option does not work to select the desired fields for each of the three tickets. Legacy Events properly handled this customization. 

Also, we need to be able to add fields to the Contact Information section, not just First name, Last name, and Email address. 

16 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Hi @PeterT4965. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Legacy Events having the option to have different registration fields for each ticket. To clarify, were you previously setting this up through the registration form by using Custom Information? If you could provide a screenshot of how you were using the form before, this would be helpful.

With Events 2.0, you can add additional fields to the registration form under Form Setup > + Add New Field.

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

Thank you, Caitlin. I know how to set up the additional fields to the registration form. However, if you have more than three tickets, you cannot select different fields for each ticket. The matter of Legacy Events functionality is unrelated to the issue at hand in Event2 2.0 Beta.

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

Clarification: If you have more than two tickets, you cannot select different fields for each ticket, for example:

• Ticket 1 includes Registration form fields:
    • Field 1
    • Field 2
    • Field 3
  • Ticket 2 includes Registration form fields:
    • Field 1
    • Field 3
    • Field 4
  • Ticket 3 includes Registration form fields:
    • Field 1
    • Field 2
    • Field 5
  • Ticket 4 includes Registration form fields:
    • Field 1
    • Field 3
    • Field 4

The Show and Hide option does not work to select the desired fields for each of the three tickets.

How do you configure the Registration form fields in the scenario above?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you so much for clarifying that. I tested this out in my own account and I can see the fields are not saving appropriately as you toggle back and forth between ticket types. I brought this up to our advanced support team and they'll escalate it to the correct product teams for review. There is work being done to enhance the new Events tool and we appreciate posts like this that bring missing functionality to our attention.

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

Caitlin: Please send the case number for this issue to my email address. Thank you.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @PeterT4965. If we have information to share, it will be posted here, not in an email or case. This way, others who are looking for this change as well will be notified.

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

In the Registration form setup > Collect info for: "Each Attendee" does not allow for the capture of more than one attendee.

Scenario: During registration, you select two tickets. The form appears and allows for only one First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and custom fields, not one for each of the two attendees.

If "Collect info for: Each Attendee" is indeed to collect data for each attendee then the form should include all fields including names and email addresses of each attendee.

The "Form setup" is still not working - @Caitlin_M notes: "fields are not saving appropriately as you toggle back and forth between ticket types." 

WDHA
Rookie

I would find it very useful to have conditional logic included in Events form fields. For example-- I often need to create events with two tickets types-- one free for members, one paid for non-members. I would like an member ID verification field to show up just for the member ticket, not for the non-member ticket. Or another example-- maybe one premium ticket type comes with a t-shirt, and you need to ask their t-shirt size-- but basic ticket types don't need to be asked their size. 

I will highlight that this issue is still occurring.  As I try to toggle between two different ticket types, the required fields are not updating properly.  Can someone confirm whether this issue has been fixed or not? 

I'm trying to set up two types of tickets with different prices, and different required fields. I believe I've set those options up correctly, but when I go to the Form setup and "Choose ticket types to display attendee form fields for", it doesn't give me the ability to choose different options for the different tickets. On the registration field, it shows the same fields regardless of what ticket option I choose. Is anyone else having this issue?
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More