Constant Contact's New Event needs more fields to collect registrant info

SOLVED
Go to solution
LibbyH7
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I'm trying to register people for a January 2024 training. I cannot use the "Legacy" Event. I have to use the new event feature--and am limited to about 20 fields!!! I have to collect a demographic survey that alone has about 50 pieces of data I must collect for our funder. OMG what am I going to do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LibbyH7 ,

That is a pretty large amount of data for a single event, but if you're essentially conducting a survey for the sake of your donor, then I'd advise setting up a survey page and having your event attendees fill that out instead. Then you can just manually add the basic required info to register them for the event, which will send them the confirmations of their registration.

With such a large amount of data, I'd also recommend (as a general best practice and in respect to data privacy) to include how your attendees' info will be shared with / utilized by the event's funder as part of the survey's description, as well as in the event's confirmation message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LibbyH7 ,

That is a pretty large amount of data for a single event, but if you're essentially conducting a survey for the sake of your donor, then I'd advise setting up a survey page and having your event attendees fill that out instead. Then you can just manually add the basic required info to register them for the event, which will send them the confirmations of their registration.

With such a large amount of data, I'd also recommend (as a general best practice and in respect to data privacy) to include how your attendees' info will be shared with / utilized by the event's funder as part of the survey's description, as well as in the event's confirmation message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
LibbyH7
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply William. I would be happy to do that if I could count on Survey to work. However my experience of Survey is that 2/3 of participants start the survey and are unable to finish it. I have a current Survey that is a case in point--35 submits and 129 starts. Constant Contact Tech Support told me this is a known issue and recommended that people use a Chrome browser. But meanwhile I have NO ability to capture those 129 starts because it's an anonymous survey!!!!. I can't require or guarantee that people use a Chrome browser. Can we please have the legacy Event back again! Constant Contact is going to drive me to another vendor. PLEASE!!!!!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST