Discover Effective Email Template Design Tips for Non-Profits

Currently no option to add a link to a button

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Today, 6/3/24, there is not an option to add a link to a button. It's not an option in either Firefox or Chrome.  I have added buttons with links many times before. Not certain why this is occurring today.

I can add a link to an image without issue.

CC Firefox no link with Button.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MaryJoC83 ,

Buttons' formatting options have been expanded and they have several specific settings that will show in the lefthand menu when you click a button to format.

For step-by-step and visual guidance, please see our main article on customizing buttons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MaryJoC83 ,

Buttons' formatting options have been expanded and they have several specific settings that will show in the lefthand menu when you click a button to format.

For step-by-step and visual guidance, please see our main article on customizing buttons

William A
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

DUH! 😁

Not sure how I missed that. I was looking on the toolbar where I believe the link option was before.

Thank you.

William_A
Administrator

It's all good, there was a recent update that added extra features to the customization of buttons, so some of the core functions got shifted over to the side menu.

William A
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

@William_ADo we get a pop-up or something to give us a heads up that there has been an update along with a brief blurb on what changes have been made? I honestly don't remember ever seeing anything in the 3 years I've been using Constant Contact. Changes/updates just suddenly appear.

William_A
Administrator

Depending on the significance of the change or release, it may be a quiet release, a pop-up when you first login after the change / update, or an email sent to the account owner's address. 

For example, the release of a new product or major function like the multi-channel tool or the AI tools will usually be have a bit of fanfare to alert customers that have access to it. If it's something that's only available on certain accounts, then there may be an in-account pop-up to notify the customer of the tool's release and that they should consider switching to a plan that has access to it.

For minor changes like adding text beneath the side menu's icons or the changing of the icons' graphics, this typically isn't considered major enough to warrant an in-account alert or emails sent to every applicable customer.

Keep in mind with the major release stuff that if your account's main address is unsubscribed from product updates, then we wouldn't be able to send notification emails ahead of the release. This doesn't pertain to critical and/or legal account notifications, such as billing changes. If your account owner address is setup to receive our product release and alerts, but you're not seeing them, you may need to check your spam/junk folder, or make sure our domains are safelisted in your system so your network doesn't try to block them. 

William A
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

@William_A So any notification emails will only go to the Account Owner, and not to any Account Managers?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Correct

William A
user53748
Rookie
0 Votes

Same for me, and it's seriously holding up progress.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST