Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

Copying old email not working?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DanP81
Rookie
0 Votes

Help! I am trying to copy a past email as a template for our monthly newsletter. Nothing is copying over. 

Support is already closed for the day.

Is anyone else having trouble? Any workarounds?

I am thinking that some sort of product update has broken our design...

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DanP81
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi @William_A  - yes, I spoke with tech support this morning. Our template was built with a previous generation tool. The latest update means it no longer work. Tech support help translate our template into the new builder, I am working to get it into fully usable form. FYI for anyone else running into the same problem!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DanP81 ,

How old is the previous template? If it's using blocks that were only available in the 3GE builder, then those blocks won't be able to copy into the modern cross-device builder (CPE). If the email is a Legacy Email type, then it's using the long-defunct 2GE builder which isn't available for copying or conversion, and has been fully retired. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DanP81
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi @William_A  - yes, I spoke with tech support this morning. Our template was built with a previous generation tool. The latest update means it no longer work. Tech support help translate our template into the new builder, I am working to get it into fully usable form. FYI for anyone else running into the same problem!

CastleF
Rookie
0 Votes

This is quite annoying.  Everybody in the world probably copies their emails to make the next one.  How could they not issue an update about this and let us know it was going to happen?  Do I REALLY have to create the template from scratch?

CastleF
Rookie
0 Votes

So... as a work-around, I saved a new template.  This worked.  You can then access the template to create your next email.  I guess not as big a crisis as I originally thought.  Good luck everyone.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST