HTML and CC template

SOLVED
Go to solution
TonyG734
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi all, I want to add some HTML code to a Constant Contact template I am using. I tried editing the code but it looks like the code is locked. How can I add HTML code to a CC template? TIA!--Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TonyG734. Our regular email editor does not have HTML editing capabilities. For that you'd want to use our custom code editor, and would need to build the email from scratch.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TonyG734. Our regular email editor does not have HTML editing capabilities. For that you'd want to use our custom code editor, and would need to build the email from scratch.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
TonyG734
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi Caitlin,

I want to add some code to my template to allow advertising to be inserted using a third party. They have supplied the code, but I can't edit the code in the template. I really don't want to build a new newsletter template from the ground up.  Would love to learn whether there are alternatives. 

Thanks!

Tony

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you're wanting to use code to pull info from outside sources, then that would require the custom code editor, and thus require building your email 100% from HTML coding you provide.

The regular email editor can have images and other elements inserted into it, but otherwise wouldn't really be compatible with anything that constantly scripts in 3rd party material.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST