Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Utilizing social media platforms can be a powerful strategy to grow your subscriber base. Social media provides a wide reach and the opportunity to attract new leads through engaging content and interactive campaigns.

What are the benefits of social media marketing?

• Increased Reach – Social media platforms have billions of active users, providing a vast audience to promote your email list. By leveraging social media, you can reach a larger number of potential subscribers and expand your reach beyond your existing network.
  • Lead Generation – Social media platforms provide opportunities to generate leads by directing users to sign up for your email list. You can create compelling lead magnets, such as exclusive content, discounts, or free resources, and promote them through social media posts, ads, and landing pages.
  • Engaging Content – Social media allows you to share engaging and valuable content that can attract users' attention and encourage them to want to learn more. By consistently providing valuable content, you can establish yourself as an authority in your industry and build trust with your audience.
  • Viral Potential – Social media has the potential for content to go viral, meaning it can be shared rapidly and reach a large number of people. By creating shareable content related to your email list, you can increase its visibility and attract more subscribers.
  • Social Proof – Social media provides an opportunity to showcase social proof, such as testimonials, reviews, and user-generated content, which can enhance the credibility and trustworthiness of your email list. This can encourage more people to sign up and join your community.
  • Integration with Email Marketing – Social media and email marketing can work together to complement each other. You can use social media to promote your email list and encourage followers to subscribe. Conversely, you can use email marketing to nurture and engage your subscribers, driving them back to your social media channels for further interaction.

LizziesBakery.pngBy leveraging the power of social media marketing, businesses can effectively grow their email lists, expand their reach, and nurture a community of engaged subscribers.

For example, Lizzie Johnson, owner of Lizzie’s Bakery, turned her Instagram following into 14% contact list growth over 3 months by including her landing page link on her social media Linktree, as well as using a QR code in-person.

Lizzie shared: "I'm grateful for Constant Contact for holding my hand through all this because I'm still new to email marketing. My goal is to make sure these customers don't go away. I have somewhere to start with my strategies... especially translating my Instagram followers into email contacts!"

How can you use social media to grow your list?

If you already have a following on social media, make sure they know how to sign up for your email list! Check out this list of ideas on how to grow your subscriber base from social media:

How do I connect my social media accounts with Constant Contact?

By connecting your social media accounts with our social tools, you can share emails and events, create and manage all of your public-facing posts, as well as create Facebook and Instagram Ads  or Lead Ads from within your Constant Contact account. 

Related: Grow Your List Online: Paid Media

By integrating your list growth efforts with social media platforms, you can expand your reach, engage with a wider audience, and drive more traffic to your website. It's more important than ever to maximize your online presence to achieve your objectives. Join the conversation and let us know which social media platforms you use to grow and engage with your audience!

Version history
Last update:
‎07-26-2024 09:47 AM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors