QR codes have become increasingly popular in recent years as a convenient and efficient way to share information. These square-shaped codes, consisting of black and white patterns, can be scanned by smartphones and other devices to quickly access websites, contact details, or any other digital content.

One of the many practical applications of QR codes is in building email lists for businesses. By creating a QR code and placing it at your physical location, you can effortlessly invite customers to join your email list with just a simple scan.

What are QR codes?

Note: Image is for example purposes and not scannable.Note: Image is for example purposes and not scannable.

QR codes are scannable codes that you can use on printed media as an easy way for customers to sign up for your email list using their smartphones.

Why should I use QR codes?

QR codes are easy and convenient to use for both you and your customers.

Gindo’s Spice of Life, a small business who makes handcrafted sauces and spice blends, uses a QR code at in-person events so attendees can easily scan the code with their smartphones to visit a sign-up landing page.

“The scan is so much easier. It’s just a super easy way to get people on board. Being able to grow those followers has just been huge. I didn’t realize how valuable the newsletter was until the last two years,” said Gindo’s Spice of Life owner Mary Ginder.

Tamika Catchings also uses QR codes to support her business. She owns Tea’s Me Cafe in Indianapolis, where she hosts regular in-person events. Tamika uses an integration with WooCommerce to check attendees into the events with a QR code. “The QR code has been great,” said Tamika.

How do I set up a QR code?

There are plenty of options out there, such as:

Just create a lead generation landing page, copy the URL, and paste it into one of these code generators. Voila! You've got yourself a QR code that people can scan to join your email list.

When it comes to the design of your QR code, you have three choices: standard, framed, or customized. The standard QR code has dots and lines in a square shape.

If you want your QR code to stand out a bit more, you can go for a framed QR code. And if you really want to make it unique, you can use services like QRStuff, QRCode Monkey, and Delvir to customize the colors, choose different shapes, or even add your logo!

Keep in mind that not all QR code generators offer the same options, so if you don't find the style you're looking for in one, try another. Once you've created your perfect QR code, simply copy and paste the image to your business cards, flyers, and even your paper sign-up forms.

Related: Grow Your List in Person: Text-to-Join

So, go ahead and give QR codes a try. They're a fun and effective way to grow your email list. Happy generating! Plus, don't forget to join the conversation and let us know how you're using QR Codes and share best practices with your fellow Community members!

Version history
Last update:
‎03-14-2024 03:59 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors