API Bug - Bulk Activity Status Reports Incorrect Start time

AvromFinkelsteinF
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi,

I ran a bulk upload to add new contacts (was a test where it added a single contact).

When looking up the activity status I get this (snippet from json result):

"state": "completed",
  "started_at": "2021-11-18T16:52:01Z",
  "completed_at": "2021-11-18T16:52:01Z",
  "created_at": "2021-11-18T16:51:50Z",
  "updated_at": "2021-11-18T16:52:01Z",

I would assume that the process started creating contacts from the start date/time and finished at the completed date/time.

However in my test, the contact had a created date/time of "2021-11-18T16:51:50Z" which matches the created date/time of the bulk process.

But the documentation says: 

• "started_at": (stringread only)Timestamp showing when we began processing the activity request, in ISO-8601 format.
  • "completed_at": (stringread only)Timestamp showing when we completed processing the activity, in ISO-8601 format.
  • "created_at": (stringread only)Timestamp showing when we created the activity, in ISO-8601 format.

See https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Bulk_Activities/getActivity

This implies that if a bulk process is creating new contacts, it should have started doing so from the start date/time.

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello AvromFinkelsteinF,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I was able to verify that the timestamps that you provided match what is in our logs, but I haven’t yet been able to replicate the issue that you are running into. So far in testing when adding single or multiple contacts using the bulk endpoint /v3/activities/contacts_json_import I am showing the corresponding contacts as being added at or after the "started_at" timestamp, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Because your log results are inconsistent with the documentation and my testing, I’ll be opening up a case to look into this further. Our team will follow-up with you via the email address on file for your account with our findings. 

For follow-up or questions specific to this issue, please feel free to contact our team directly via email at webservices@constantcontact.com, and reference case number 29220720.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.