Adding Pending Contact to Lists

AlexM760
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm realizing that the activities/add_list_memberships endpoint returns a successful response to both unsubscribed and pending confirmation contacts. If a contact pending confirmation gets added to a list through this endpoint, will they be retroactively added to the lists once they confirm?

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello AlexM760 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Our Bulk Activity endpoints work similarly to the functionality in the UI where you can upload a file containing contacts. A successful response only indicates that the activity was created successfully and queued for processing.

Although the request may complete successfully, only active contacts are eligible to be added to lists via this endpoint. Contacts in Awaiting Confirmation status will be added to the list(s) originally specified at the time of sign-up, once they are confirmed.

View a group of contacts based on their contact status

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/33125-View-a-Group-of-Contacts-Base...

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.