Only 2 Weeks Remain in the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

looking for working examples of postman

EdR
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

i have created an OAuth Type: Authorization Code/Implicit app with key and secret.

Using Postman i had some success with v2, but no luck with v3. Although i can use the api reference to test things,

i am unable to get any results using Postman ( usually 401 errors ).

If someone could snapshot their working examples ( all the tabs Params/Auth/Headers/ etc...)

The endpoint i am working with is  GET an Email Links Report & some Campaign Id reporting,

but anything will do.

2 REPLIES 2
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello EdR,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Please feel free to email us directly at webservices@constantcontact.com and reference case #32931560 requesting additional assistance regarding the OAuth2 Authorization Code Flow in Postman.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
EdR
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I wish i could mark  the question as having supplied an answer, and i can see some effort had been put into the answer. But i couldn't see how i could really use the reply. If i really studied it perhaps i could glean something from it. I'm finding that using the new v3 is of little use to me, although i usually am or could be persistent, even as a rookie in this, i find the replies less and less helpful: either they don't recognize my role as a rookie, or the answer is for some other person, maybe familiar with more coding aspect of the v3. I will have to find someone else to hold my hand in actually working with postman + this v3 Oauth2 api. I can or did code in multiple languages so i am not a lost cause per se, and what i want do is significantly simple, the answers here are not seemingly forthcoming for me. My question really is for others rather than this team, as of all the questions i have so far asked, NONE of them resembled an answer i could really say "Yeah, that was exact and to the point ans was aimed at me!", but rather the opposite. I will no longer look to the support here to find an answer. I originally asked for a panel by panel snapshot, and instead got something resembling a json request, which may be happening in postman BEHIND the scenes, but i am not behind the scenes, i am looking directly at a postman window, so i could not really relate the way the technical folks in your team are viewing it. so sorry, i cannot seem to be in sync with these answers. Finally the question i asked wasn't really meant for this support team, but rather for actual users of Postman, who have been successful in their working with it. That is because the support here always begins with it is not really supported, as well again as their answering generally is too generic to be of use to anyone with a question. To prove that point, very little of the questions have been answered with the "Accept as Solution" button.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.