Feedback on Our Monthly Newsletter

TomA775
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, once a month we send out a themed newsletter. We've been using this template for a while now, so I'd like a fresh pair of eyes to let us know of any technical, aesthetic, or copy related issues that can be refined. 

Our target audience are people who manage the furnishings for office buildings, health, and education spaces. 

The letter: https://myemail-api.constantcontact.com/Hidden-Power.html?soid=1113152045577&aid=YVZn5i3JjmU 

3 REPLIES 3
DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

The content of your newsletter is great. There are some ways to boost the look of your template however.

• Besides for the logo, consider adding that you are a Steelcase Authorized Dealer, your Phone number, and Contact Us button linked to your contact page.
  • Keep the name “Forward Thinking” but consider deleting the date or the word “newsletter,” your audience knows what it is.
  • Link the logo to your website in your header.
  • Put title of the article above image so there is some understanding of what the photo is.
  • Change the colors of the buttons to the purple in your branding to allow for contrast and interest.
  • Increase the size of the body copy font a point or two
  • For second block - either make the image full size like the first or include it in within the copy of the Project spotlight. “What do you think?” does not seem to make much sense, since in this case, you’re not asking for an opinion, rather highlighting a project. Perhaps replace “What do you think” with Project Spotlight” and then title the article with “Nicolet High School Pilot Program” increasing the font size.
  • For consistency, make the section titles (What do you think and What’s Your Opinion) the same size, same look and same font.
  • In blocks below, crop the top photos to the same length so the articles start at the same place.
  • Include a navigation bar at the bottom of your email.

Create a signature block at the end of your template. Within that include:

• That you are a certified WBE (perhaps include a WBE - Women Owned logo if you have one)
  • Your story – it’s already there but increase the font size.
  • Perhaps a photo and name of the CEO/Owner and link to her “Fun Facts.”
  • Keep the social media icons

Want more ideas? Take a look at these videos we prepared on how to design an email. https://youtu.be/ElF-Do_Hp_E?si=IM7zr2NVfBLbH2uL and https://youtu.be/ORIuhnqd2sA?si=E05vjqt6P8lRtNdb.

I hope this has been helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Design better emails in less time with Constant Contact. Our team shows you how in this clip of our live demo.
Simple Constant Contact email marketing tips for emails that drive higher open rates and more clicks.

Thank you for all those great tips! Love the idea of including that we're WBE-certified. 

ACTIVATE
Community Coach

@TomA775 David's tips were spot on, and I highly recommend finding more ways to work in photos that include people. Something clicks in the consumer's head when they see people enjoying products. You do have some of this but I would step it up big time. Photos of happy people in full width...

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST