Meet the Community Team: Nick_S

Abigail_S
Administrator

MeetTheCommTeamNickBanner.png

If you've spent any length of time on the Constant Contact Community, chances are you have come across posts from any one member of the Community Team. But, who are these enigmatic folks? What are their roles in the Community, what do their days look like, and what do they do when they aren't bouncin' around the different boards? We thought it was time to pull back the curtain of mystery surrounding these forces of nature. Without further ado, let's meet Nick_S!

What do you do at CTCT?

Howdy! I'm the Social Media & Content Manager for the Constant Contact Community. If there's a piece of content on the community not made by one of our fantastic users, chances are I've at least glanced at it. I manage all aspects of content, from organizing and monitoring past and current material to writing it myself. I even dabble in graphic design from time to time!

"When I'm not working, you can find me..."

...Go from being hunched over my work laptop to hunched over my drawing tablet. Or, more likely these days, sitting on the floor with my infant son and making up weird voices. I also enjoy playing board games with friends and going on trips with my wife.

What's something non-work-related that you're proud of accomplishing in the last year or so?

I had the good fortune to study and learn from a couple different professional artists to try and improve my drawing skills. Oh, and I'm a new Dad!

What's your favorite small business?

The Trellis Restaurant and Tea Rooms. It was a little spot my (now) wife and I discovered while staying near Brighton in the United Kingdom. They had delicious scones and clotted cream with jam. We ate there every other day. I cried on our last day of the trip because it turns out they were closed that day. I never recovered.

What's your go-to GIF or meme?

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Teleportation. Flying is cool, but sounds exhausting. Also, my wife is from France so it would certainly save on travel costs, but I think Big Aviation is holding us back and smothering teleportation research. "Impossible based on our current understanding of physics," said some well-educated scientists. Seems sus.

What's the best thing about being part of the Constant Contact Community?

Besides the great people I work with, it’s being on the “ground floor” of the marketing efforts of our many users. I always tell people a gratifying part of the job is bearing witness to the efforts of small business owners and nonprofit organizers using what tools they have to succeed in marketing.

What is your favorite product feature?

It's not the flashiest feature, but I like that you can swap out document files in the Library. Even if the email with the original URL has been sent, it will redirect viewers to the new file.

Do you have a favorite tip to share with users?

If you're copying and pasting text from another source into the editor and things start to get funky, try pasting it in a program like Notepad that will strip out all the extra HTML coding that might still be attached. This will hopefully prevent weird formatting issues later on.

Resources

Community Blog

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Article

Community Roundup: August 2024

Check out all the great articles, discussions, and events for the month of August!

See Article