cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields PHP SDK (may 2018)

Custom Fields PHP SDK (may 2018)

New to CC API dev but I am wondering if there is something I am missing for the custom_fields. Can I use anything for the name in 2018 or am I limited to...

CustomField1

CustomField2

etc..

I am using PHP SDK 2.1 which should be current. I see topics dating back to 2014 where this issue was discussed. Has anything changed? Am I limited to this, if not can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

Kevin

1 REPLY 1

Re: Custom Fields PHP SDK (may 2018)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Support.

Our current API was designed with our older contacts system which did not have support for named custom fields. You are currently only able to interact with custom fields that follow a very specific naming convention (For details on this see: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/api-gui-func.html). While it is possible to create custom fields with other naming formats using our website, the API cannot see or interact with custom fields that do not use the format described at the above link. This is because of the above mentioned limitation stemming from our older Contact Management platform.

This is one of our most requested feature updates. We're currently in the process of finalizing our contacts features for our new V3 API which does support named custom fields. Our current goal is to have these features of our V3 API released by the end of the 2nd Quarter of this year.

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer