We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Getting the username to use the Webservices. Any updates?

SOLVED
Go to solution
socratess9
Participant

Getting the username to use the Webservices. Any updates?

Hi,

I would like to use the oAuth mechanism to integrate with the Constant Contact platform. To do that, I would need the user's username.

I've read some threads that make clear that at the point of writing, there was no way to get this information from the authentication mechanism. However, these threads are ~1 year old and they promised a solution "soon".

Is there any updates on this issue? If not, is there any expectations that there will be?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveBerard

We have fixed the bug with OAuth 2.0 where the username was not being returned.  It is now being returned as part of the JSON payload when doing the request access token final step of OAuth 2.0.  You should be able to use OAuth 2.0 now without having to request the username of the account in an additional step.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DaveBerard

We have fixed the bug with OAuth 2.0 where the username was not being returned.  It is now being returned as part of the JSON payload when doing the request access token final step of OAuth 2.0.  You should be able to use OAuth 2.0 now without having to request the username of the account in an additional step.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

ok, thanks a lot!

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page