cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics integration?

Google Analytics integration?

Hi wondering if there is a way to set up tracking with Google Analytics and CC?

Ideally, I'd like to see where my traffic (that ultimately registers on my site via CC) is coming from.  What source, what campaign, what keywords, etc.

Has anyone managed to do this? 

Thanks so much!

Matt

27 REPLIES 27
CTCT Employee

Google Analytics

While I am not an expert on Google Analytics, you should be able to track how visitors are getting to your site, which pages they are hitting, and where they are leaving from.  Unfortunately this is really more of a function for Google Analytics and isn't necessarily related to Constant Contact. I would recommend taking a look at the services Google Analytics offers for more information.

I would like to point out however that using our typical Join My Mailing List form will only be trackable for you until the visitor actually leaves your website. Since the registration process in the Join My Mailing List form would direct them off of your site after entering their email address, that would end your ability to track them with Google Analytics as well. As an alternative, you could considering using our Constant Contact Signup Form Generator which would allow you to generate your own sign up form using our API. This would allow you to keep the user on your site and continue to track them.

David J

A different kind of GA integration

For what Matt is asking, it seems the answer is to simply make his "thank you for signing up for our newsletter" page a Goal in Google Analytics.  This should provide the info he is after.  However I'm looking for something a bit different.....

In order to track all traffic from your CC emails as "campaigns" in Google Analytics, you need to append a campaign tracking URL parameters onto the end of each link URL.  There is a handy tool for doing this found here: http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55578

I'd like to see CC's be able to create these tags automatically without having to append these parameters onto each link by hand.  Other email vendors do this...

http://www.realmagnet.com/about/newsevents/press/google_pr2008.html

http://www.mailchimp.com/features/power_features/analytics360/  (<-- REALLY good!!!)

Thanks,

Josh 

CTCT Employee

Re: Google Analytics Integration

Hello Josh,

I do apologize for this limitation with our emails and Google Analytics. This feedback is a great way for our engineers to get ideas about new things that our customers are interested in.  There is a feedback form here that you can communicate your ideas directly to the engineers.

I have submitted this already to them, but if you would like to add anything, please feel free to do so.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

Google Analytics URL Tracking

Any update on this Ben? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Leif Jason / Online Marketing Strategy

CTCT Employee

google analytics integration

Hello,

At this time our engineers are still looking into this, and we do not have a timetable as to when this may be implemented.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Participant

google analytics integration

Hi Ben,

Any updates on this.

Regards,

sivakumar.

CTCT Employee

At this time, there is still

At this time, there is still no update on this request. However, once there is new information on this, I will definitely post it here and let you know.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

Re: At this time, there is still

Any word on this ?

CTCT Employee

Re: At this time, there is still

Hey Gael,

Google Analytics is a great idea and something our development team is looking at.  It's not something we are going to have released soon but we're hoping to have this in the future.  Unfortunately, since it's not something we're working on right now, we can't provide any dates or guarantee that we're going to release that in the future.  I've passed your feedback on to our development team though and hopefully we'll see this in the future

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer