The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Still getting json.min.items.violation for new contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Still getting json.min.items.violation for new contact

I'm getting the following error when attempting to add a new contact with no lists.

json.min.items.violation#/lists: 0 items were contained, but the minimum number of items allowed is 1.

I read realease notes for the Aug, 2013 patch, and it said this issue was fixed, but yet I'm still getting the error. 

I'm using the V2 Java API, but This seems more like a server side issue since the error is in the response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Still getting json.min.items.violation for new contact

Hi Cate,

Right now, there isn't a way to directly add a contact through the API without adding them to a list.

You can add a contact to the removed list by first adding the contact, and then updating them in a PUT request to be on no lists.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

The bug was only on an update (PUT) request to change the Contact.  When creating a Contact (POST) request, there is still a minimum of 1 list required.  That is not a defect, it is intentional at this time.  We may in the future relax that requirement once we have finished migrating all of our customers to our new Contact Management system and can support contacts without lists being created. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Ok, that explains the error.  Is there a way to add a contact without adding it to a list?   Does the Removed list have an ID?

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Cate,

Right now, there isn't a way to directly add a contact through the API without adding them to a list.

You can add a contact to the removed list by first adding the contact, and then updating them in a PUT request to be on no lists.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured