cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

"Temporary Hold" contacts are listed as "ACTIVE" in the API2 /contacts end point

Occasional Visitor

"Temporary Hold" contacts are listed as "ACTIVE" in the API2 /contacts end point

Hi,

I have changed a contact to be on a temporary hold, but when I fetch that contact using GET /contacts when searching by email, the results' contact status is "ACTIVE".  Is this a feature or a bug, the documentation sounds like I should expected "TEMP_HOLD".   If this is on purpose, is there another way to tell if a temporary hold is in place? Thanks! 

http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html?method=GET

1 REPLY 1

Re: "Temporary Hold" contacts are listed as "ACTIVE" in the API2 /contacts end p

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Support.

Our current V2 API was designed with our older contacts system which did not have support for a Temporary Hold status. As you mentioned, our documentation shows TEMP_HOLD as a potential response for status. We do consider this a bug.

This is a known issue and was something that we did not have plans to fix as we are focusing our resources on our new V3 API version (which will have the ability to see if a contact is on Temporary Hold).

I have brought this up to our product team to take another look at and see if this is something we can work on. If you would like to be notified of the resolution of this, please send an email to webservices@constantcontact.com

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer