Create a drop down menu with the Constant Contact Forms for WordPress plugin

SOLVED
Go to solution
AshleyD712
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, is there a way I can insert a drop down menu to ask people how they heard about us (ie Referral, Facebook, etc) at the end of the form so they are not having to type it in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AshleyD712 ,

At this time such functionality isn't available in the WordPress plugin, as it's meant to function like any other standard sign up form available through us. You may be able to create your own form through coding in your WP site, and connect it to our API with assistance from our Web Services team, but beyond that there isn't anything available through us that would provide a dropdown element for a signup form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AshleyD712 ,

At this time such functionality isn't available in the WordPress plugin, as it's meant to function like any other standard sign up form available through us. You may be able to create your own form through coding in your WP site, and connect it to our API with assistance from our Web Services team, but beyond that there isn't anything available through us that would provide a dropdown element for a signup form.

William A
DroneProsOrg
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi William, I have a similar scenario.  I'm using WPForms Pro with WordPress and WPForms Constant Contact Integration (which works great). It allows me to map standard input fields in the form to fields in Constant Contact list.  However, it won't allow me to map drop down fields to Constant Contact fields. Do you know if this is a limitation on Constant Contact's side or the WPForms side?  It's important for us to be able to capture the subscribers State. Alternatively, is there a way we can poll our subscribers and have them select their State another way that would tag each use with their State?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The only insight I'd have is regarding the integration we've developed, which doesn't have the dropdowns available. For WPForms Pro, you may want to reach out to the developer of that.

Using a survey wouldn't necessarily assign the state/province to a contact with any less manual work than just having them manually type the state/province name in via a sign up form.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST