Custom field with underscore in link

SOLVED
Go to solution
JoeT2627
Rookie
0 Votes

I apologize if this has already been asked a bunch of times.  It looks like other people have various forms of this question but I haven't found an answer that works for me.

I'm trying to put a custom field named person_key into a web link url.

I've tried various forms (12 so far) of the following:

https://www.my_site.com/ws/afco_car_kits.php?id=[[person_key]]

I want to link to my_site.com, subdirectory ws, file name afco_car_kits.php, with a GET parameter of id=xxx,

where xxx is from the person_key custom field in the contact record. 

So far, all my efforts have resulted in the correct URL, right up to and including ?id=.  The id parameter itself is always blank.

How to I write the link to pick up this custom field?  Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JoeT2627,

Yes, you are correct! The underscore was causing that error message and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will submit this over to our engineers for review. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoeT2627
Rookie
0 Votes

I may have stumbled into a working answer.  I replaced the custom field name of "person_key" with "StoreKey" and it seems to be working.  Despite the examples on the constant contact site, is it possible that custom fields don't work with underscores in their name?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JoeT2627,

Yes, you are correct! The underscore was causing that error message and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will submit this over to our engineers for review. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST