Date sent in reporting

SOLVED
Go to solution
RyanV806
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

So I noticed that the date sent in reporting is based on LAST SENT. Is there an option to download reports in order of when they were FIRST SENT? And why are emails being resent? Is this because of bounced emails? Is there a way to get reports with the subject lines attached?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RyanV806 ,

I'm not really finding what you're describing when looking through your most recent emails. When I checked your last dozen or so sendouts, the send reports matched the send date listed on the main details, reporting, and our backend system's info.

What you described about bounces can occur, as some bounce types can result in our system attempting a send to them over the course of the next three days. These retried sends would show as a more recent sendout compared to the email's main send, if we are able to successfully send without it being bounced. However even when looking at the main send report, the more recent ones would show at the top of the in-account view of it. This would also apply to any resends that target newly added contacts, or quicksends.

Based on the amount and frequency of sendouts, I'd advise calling our general support and providing the names of example emails where you're seeing the described behavior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RyanV806
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

The company I work for seems to have a similar issue (we copy emails all the time). But it doesn't happen every time which is also weird. Is there any update on this issue?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RyanV806 ,

I'm not really finding what you're describing when looking through your most recent emails. When I checked your last dozen or so sendouts, the send reports matched the send date listed on the main details, reporting, and our backend system's info.

What you described about bounces can occur, as some bounce types can result in our system attempting a send to them over the course of the next three days. These retried sends would show as a more recent sendout compared to the email's main send, if we are able to successfully send without it being bounced. However even when looking at the main send report, the more recent ones would show at the top of the in-account view of it. This would also apply to any resends that target newly added contacts, or quicksends.

Based on the amount and frequency of sendouts, I'd advise calling our general support and providing the names of example emails where you're seeing the described behavior.

William A
RyanV806
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I will contact them and see what they can come up with. Thank you

CarolO11418
Rookie
0 Votes

We have the same problem. When I search for a particular brand of email, the oldest one in the list comes up first, when what we want is the newest first. I'm not sure your question was understood.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarolO11418 ,

Are you referring to the search function for the campaigns page? If so, this defaults to the "most relevant" based on what's being searched, and currently isn't able to be modified to sort by send date.

See also:

Using filters on the campaigns page

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST