Encryption on data sent in surveys

SOLVED
Go to solution
BarbaraKlausler
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

If I'm asking survey respondents for sensitive information (in this case, driver's license number), is that information encrypted and safe for respondents to send?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

My apologies for missing that bit, but yes the responses would still be viewable by the account owner and any account managers as a survey response. Similarly if the survey responses are exported.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BarbaraKlausler ,

Contact field info collected by sign up forms made through us, or that you manually upload isn't really encrypted. Your password for logging in is encrypted, in addition to the MFA preference you setup, but ultimately anyone with a permission level to view contacts (owner and manager level users) while logged in will be able to see contact fields associated with a contact.

William A
BarbaraKlausler
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I was asking about fields in a survey containing sensitive information. But maybe your answer is the same - anyone who has permission to view completed surveys would be able to see that information?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

My apologies for missing that bit, but yes the responses would still be viewable by the account owner and any account managers as a survey response. Similarly if the survey responses are exported.

William A
BarbaraKlausler
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Got it. Thanks so much!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST