First Time User Questions!

SOLVED
Go to solution
MariahW49
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello!  

1. I am getting ready to send out our first email but the area to click on my contact list is greyed out and I am unable to select a recipient list and send the email. Any thoughts?

2. The test email does not include the graphic on my desktop but it shows up on my phone. Why? How can I fix this?

3. The link to our Facebook page is directing people to a page on Constant Contacts despite me saving our page, etc. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MariahW49 ,

Trial accounts can only perform up to 100 total sendouts - whether that's split across one email or multiple emails to your trial list of contracts uploaded. To be able to sendout more than that, you'd need to upgrade to one of the paid plans.

---

For the image display, I'd advise that you check your desktop email program's settings to make sure it's allowing images. Some email programs, particularly Outlook / Office, require their users to explicitly allow images to display / download every single time based on either the default, personal, or network settings.

See also:

Images not displaying in email clients

Blog: Display Issues

---

The Facebook button you currently have in your email is for sharing the email on a recipient's Facebook page. This functionality won't truly go live until the email is actually sent out, similar to a view-as-webpage link or the footer's unsubscribe link. This is because it requires connection with the Facebook API to auto-generate a post, and requires the person clicking it to be logged in. If you want to connect your Facebook page as a social media button, I'd advise changing the type of social button you have currently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MariahW49 ,

Trial accounts can only perform up to 100 total sendouts - whether that's split across one email or multiple emails to your trial list of contracts uploaded. To be able to sendout more than that, you'd need to upgrade to one of the paid plans.

---

For the image display, I'd advise that you check your desktop email program's settings to make sure it's allowing images. Some email programs, particularly Outlook / Office, require their users to explicitly allow images to display / download every single time based on either the default, personal, or network settings.

See also:

Images not displaying in email clients

Blog: Display Issues

---

The Facebook button you currently have in your email is for sharing the email on a recipient's Facebook page. This functionality won't truly go live until the email is actually sent out, similar to a view-as-webpage link or the footer's unsubscribe link. This is because it requires connection with the Facebook API to auto-generate a post, and requires the person clicking it to be logged in. If you want to connect your Facebook page as a social media button, I'd advise changing the type of social button you have currently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST