How to add an email signature?

ErikI87
Rookie
0 Votes

I have an email signature from gmail that I use (I have attached an image of the signature : 

Is there anyway I can add it to the campaign emails or would I have to create a new one through Constant Contact?

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ErikI87 ,

You'd need to rebuild it in our system as a combination of image and text. Please keep in mind that it may look different in mobile due to how mobile email apps restructure emails by default.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
StephenS27200
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello William_D, I am also trying to insert my email signature as well.  Do you mean that we need to include it at the end of our email with the combination of image and text?  Will I need to do this for every email as I am creating an Automated Email Series, or is there a way to easily add this for each email so I don't need to do it on every individual email?

Thanks!  Steve Smith

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @StephenS27200 ,

Is your email signature just a picture of a written name signature? If so, then all you need to do is insert it as an image

If you're trying to do what the OP described, you'll need to construct it within the email builder (i.e. image and text blocks). Trying to insert a screencap of a complex signature block with linked websites and email addresses won't function as desired, just by virtue of how images work on the internet.

If you know how to HTML code, you're welcome to use the custom code editor and simply add your signature block's HTML code to the end of your email body.

William A
StephenS27200
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks William, I don't know how to code or do much else other than copy and paste!  :smileyface:  

So I'll need to insert this image on each individual email, correct?

Steve

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you're building an email from scratch each time, then yes you'd need to rebuild the signature layout. But if you're copying from the same template or directly from a master template you've created (the recommended option), then that layout will copy over.

William A
StephenS27200
Rookie
0 Votes

Ah ok, I should've setup a template then earlier before I wrote all of these.  Live and learn!  Thanks for the help WIlliam!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST