How to stop remembering log in info

SOLVED
Go to solution
GretchenB390
Rookie
0 Votes

When it's time to log in, Constant Contact has that convenient little Remember Me feature on the log in page. The default is a log in for a company that I no longer work for. How do I make that one go away??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi GretchenB390!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! It is actually your browser that is remembering your login information, so you will need to go to your browser settings and clear your saved password for Constant Contact . I found the following information in a google search and can not guarantee it is up to date, but I hope it helps. 

Clear Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
  2. Click the three-bar icon in the top-right corner of the screen > Select "Settings."
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click "Show advanced settings..."
  4. Scroll down to the "Passwords and forms" section > Click "Manage passwords."
  5. In the pop-up that appears, click the X next to any of the saved passwords that you would like to delete.
  6. When you are finished, click [Done].

Clear Saved Passwords in Mozilla Firefox

If you have a newer version of Firefox (with the three-bar icon in the top-right corner), you will want to follow these instructions:

1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
  2. Click in the three-bar icon in the top-right corner of the screen > Select "Options."
  3. From the left sidebar menu, click the "Security" tab.
  4. Click the [Saved Passwords...] button.
  5. In the pop-up that appears, you can click [Show Passwords] to show all the passwords you have saved. 
  6. If you would like to delete a saved password from the list, select it and click [Remove].
  7. If you would like to clear all saved passwords, click [Remove All].
  8. When you are finished, click [Close].
  9. If you are finished using the "Options" tab, close the tab at the top of the page by clicking the "x" within it.

Clear Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge

1. Open Microsoft Edge 
  2. Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and services > Clear browsing data > Choose what to clear.
  3. Select Passwords and then select Clear now.

Password saving in Microsoft Edge is on by default. To turn it off:

1. Open Microsoft Edge
  2. Select Settings and more > Settings
  3. Select Passwords, then use the toggle to turn off Offer to save passwords.

Clear Saved Passwords in Internet Explorer (IE 10 and 11)

1. Open the Internet Explorer browser.
  2. Click on the gear-shaped icon in the upper-right corner > Select "Internet options."
  3. In the pop-up that appears, click the "Content" tab.
  4. In the "AutoComplete" section, click [Settings].
  5. Click [Delete AutoComplete history...].
  6. To delete all saved passwords within Internet Explorer, click the checkbox next to "Passwords."
  7. Before you click [Delete], if you would like to keep any of the options in the pop-up, make sure they do not have a checkmark next to them > Click [Delete].
  8. Click [OK] and then [OK] again. 

Clear Saved Passwords in Safari

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Select Safari.
  3. Under General, select Passwords & Autofill.
  4. Select Saved Passwords.
  5. To view the password, tap the webpage and enter in your phone passcode. To delete select the Edit button and choose Delete for any websites that should be forgotten.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi GretchenB390!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! It is actually your browser that is remembering your login information, so you will need to go to your browser settings and clear your saved password for Constant Contact . I found the following information in a google search and can not guarantee it is up to date, but I hope it helps. 

Clear Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
  2. Click the three-bar icon in the top-right corner of the screen > Select "Settings."
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click "Show advanced settings..."
  4. Scroll down to the "Passwords and forms" section > Click "Manage passwords."
  5. In the pop-up that appears, click the X next to any of the saved passwords that you would like to delete.
  6. When you are finished, click [Done].

Clear Saved Passwords in Mozilla Firefox

If you have a newer version of Firefox (with the three-bar icon in the top-right corner), you will want to follow these instructions:

1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
  2. Click in the three-bar icon in the top-right corner of the screen > Select "Options."
  3. From the left sidebar menu, click the "Security" tab.
  4. Click the [Saved Passwords...] button.
  5. In the pop-up that appears, you can click [Show Passwords] to show all the passwords you have saved. 
  6. If you would like to delete a saved password from the list, select it and click [Remove].
  7. If you would like to clear all saved passwords, click [Remove All].
  8. When you are finished, click [Close].
  9. If you are finished using the "Options" tab, close the tab at the top of the page by clicking the "x" within it.

Clear Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge

1. Open Microsoft Edge 
  2. Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and services > Clear browsing data > Choose what to clear.
  3. Select Passwords and then select Clear now.

Password saving in Microsoft Edge is on by default. To turn it off:

1. Open Microsoft Edge
  2. Select Settings and more > Settings
  3. Select Passwords, then use the toggle to turn off Offer to save passwords.

Clear Saved Passwords in Internet Explorer (IE 10 and 11)

1. Open the Internet Explorer browser.
  2. Click on the gear-shaped icon in the upper-right corner > Select "Internet options."
  3. In the pop-up that appears, click the "Content" tab.
  4. In the "AutoComplete" section, click [Settings].
  5. Click [Delete AutoComplete history...].
  6. To delete all saved passwords within Internet Explorer, click the checkbox next to "Passwords."
  7. Before you click [Delete], if you would like to keep any of the options in the pop-up, make sure they do not have a checkmark next to them > Click [Delete].
  8. Click [OK] and then [OK] again. 

Clear Saved Passwords in Safari

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Select Safari.
  3. Under General, select Passwords & Autofill.
  4. Select Saved Passwords.
  5. To view the password, tap the webpage and enter in your phone passcode. To delete select the Edit button and choose Delete for any websites that should be forgotten.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
GretchenB390
Rookie
0 Votes

Duh... I should have known that. Thanks for the info. I'm all set now!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST