Image sizes on mobile devices

SOLVED
Go to solution
ZandraJ6
Rookie
0 Votes

No matter how much I reduce an image in the email template, the image size is inflated in the preview desktop and mobile emails. Images such as logos and headshots overwhelm the actual emails. This is a huge problem when viewing on mobile devices. How in the world can I control the image size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ZandraJ6 ,

Mobile email apps will always try to read images based on their metadata size, so some images when viewed in mobile may look unscaled and extremely large or small compared to their desktop sizing. For more info on that, as well as guidance on resizing images in a way to overrule their original metadata, I'd recommend going through this article so you can know what the best practices are for images in both desktop and mobile views.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ZandraJ6 ,

Mobile email apps will always try to read images based on their metadata size, so some images when viewed in mobile may look unscaled and extremely large or small compared to their desktop sizing. For more info on that, as well as guidance on resizing images in a way to overrule their original metadata, I'd recommend going through this article so you can know what the best practices are for images in both desktop and mobile views.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ZandraJ6
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you William.  I am very appreciative.  I'm working on it now.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST