Importing a new list is only adding part of the list

MEEI
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, I'm attempting to create a new list with an import from our CRM. There are 10K names/email addresses on this list, but only a portion of them are being imported. Several thousand already exist in constant contact (with permission to send) but they are not being found and added to this new list. I'm not sure if something has changed in the last 6 weeks since I've added a new list with how permissions are treated.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MEEI ,

Can you confirm that everyone on your CRM side is using a 100% unique email address when you import them? Can you confirm that none of them are unsubscribed (and have been since deleted)? Unless the CRM import is using an integration we developed, there's not much we'd being able to do as far as troubleshooting it, and it'd need to be done by the one who developed the CRM / integration pulling the info.

If it's a self-made integration that you worked with our web services team to connect to our system, then I'd recommend asking on their boards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MEEI
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi. I honestly haven't changed anything in my process. I download a spreadsheet out of our CRM which includes email address, first and last name, and our unique id from the CRM. I ran the import once, and 3000 people loaded. I ran it a second time at 6000 people loaded. When it loads, it tells me how many are unsubscribed but that number should be included in the total that was uploaded. If I uploaded 100 names, and 40 of them previously unsubscribed, my list would end up with 60 names, but I would see that 40 didn't get added because of the unsubscribe. The upload is not even recognizing that I'm attempting to import/upload 10,000 names.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If the issue is with importing an actual file, then I'd recommend calling our general support so they can collect the contacts file and do some live troubleshooting with you to pinpoint what the issue with the file or import would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KathyI36
Rookie
0 Votes

I had the same experience, imported 1,751 list of existing subscribers and there 89 unsubscribes which means a total of 1,662.

Initially 1,662 showed then I went in and moved 38 members to the French version of the list I created so then I had French - 38 showing and English (original list) - 1,624 showing (still a total of 1,662).

I logged out, then back in again and now it's French - 28, English - 1,181 (now a total of 1,209 ... no idea what happened).

This happened before and I had to add another list for the missing subscribers.

I should mention that we are connected to a Wicket database.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST