Issues with Links

KellyH9
Rookie
0 Votes

The links in my emails keep changing to a weird, broken format, once I send.  They are fine in testing, but then turn into something wonky like this: 

What is going on? 

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KellyH9 ,

This is how click reporting works, as the system needs to rewrite the links so they both redirect those navigating to them from your email, as well as track who is accessing the links and when through your emails.

See also:

The click report for emails

Improving click rates

Tracking security bot clicks

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KellyH9 ,

This is how click reporting works, as the system needs to rewrite the links so they both redirect those navigating to them from your email, as well as track who is accessing the links and when through your emails.

See also:

The click report for emails

Improving click rates

Tracking security bot clicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KellyH9
Rookie
0 Votes
Yes but the links are not redirecting. You click the link and it says it can't be found. So I sent the email, it created the redirects, but they aren't going anywhere.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The link provided went through right away on my end without issue. Try checking to make sure no browser extensions, ad/pop-up blockers, VPN, or other security software you're running is blocking the link from opening properly. If any are, you may need to get our domains safelisted in that program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST