Overview: Sending an automated email series

SOLVED
Go to solution
AvonleaK0
Rookie
0 Votes

I am setting up a Welcome email.

1. Will this be sent to people already on my list, or only those added from here on out?

2. Will this go to names that I add by hand, or only those who sign up using my form? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AvonleaK0 ,

Welcome emails - as in the specific type of automation called a welcome email - only triggers for new additions to a specified list (or all lists if selected) specifically  from a sign up form. If you're wanting a welcoming email to trigger from all new additions to a list - whether added manually or through another source - then I'd suggest using an automation series. Contacts that have already gone through this autoseries, or contacts already in the list(s) selected to trigger the series will not receive the email.

If you'd like additional guidance, you may wish to call our general support so you can speak with an automation-specialized agent for live, 1:1 assistance and troubleshooting.

See also:

Welcome email best practices

Tips and tricks for automated emails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AvonleaK0 ,

Welcome emails - as in the specific type of automation called a welcome email - only triggers for new additions to a specified list (or all lists if selected) specifically  from a sign up form. If you're wanting a welcoming email to trigger from all new additions to a list - whether added manually or through another source - then I'd suggest using an automation series. Contacts that have already gone through this autoseries, or contacts already in the list(s) selected to trigger the series will not receive the email.

If you'd like additional guidance, you may wish to call our general support so you can speak with an automation-specialized agent for live, 1:1 assistance and troubleshooting.

See also:

Welcome email best practices

Tips and tricks for automated emails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST