Trying to login to a separate account using email

SOLVED
Go to solution
CariE72
Rookie
0 Votes
I have been added to an admin account using the same email that I use for my own account. Every time I try to login it takes me to my personal account. What am I doing wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CariE72 ,

Is the email address the used to set you up as a new user, already being used as a username for your personal account? If so, you'd need to login to your personal account, and update their username to something different / unique. Once you've done that you should be able to access the coded link in that user invite email.

It'd also be advisable that once you've gotten your login setup for the client's account, that you update your username for that to something more unique - that way you're free to have your email address used to setup another account user login if necessary.

If you need further assistance with updating your personal accounts' username, or getting setup as a user for your client's account, I'd advise calling general support to provide the email address in question, confirm security permissions live, and work with the agent to administratively update the info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CariE72 ,

Is the email address the used to set you up as a new user, already being used as a username for your personal account? If so, you'd need to login to your personal account, and update their username to something different / unique. Once you've done that you should be able to access the coded link in that user invite email.

It'd also be advisable that once you've gotten your login setup for the client's account, that you update your username for that to something more unique - that way you're free to have your email address used to setup another account user login if necessary.

If you need further assistance with updating your personal accounts' username, or getting setup as a user for your client's account, I'd advise calling general support to provide the email address in question, confirm security permissions live, and work with the agent to administratively update the info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST