URL appearing in header

SOLVED
Go to solution
KirstenS447
Rookie
0 Votes

Has anyone had this issue?

I sent a campaign with Subject Line and Preview Text.

I received a copy of the email to my gmail account.

Instead of only including preview text that I included, the Preview Text includes a URL.

The URL is to our logo which the first thing located in the body of the email.

Please note: I did not include the URL in the preview text prior to sending. I only included the preview text.

Here is a link to a semi-redacted screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/L0m4Gne249I

I do not want the URL to be included in the preview text on subsequent emails. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Kirsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KirstenS447 ,

This is purely based on how an email program will choose to display preview text in an inbox. Some will ignore images, whereas others will try to include their associated URLs, or the their alternative text. For example, I do not see the URL when I view it in a Gmail client. There may be a setting, depending on the program, where you can turn this aspect off, but it'd vary wildly depending on the program. 

The only other way to avoid this would be to create longer subjects and prehehaders, long enough to not allow enough room for the affected email program to start previewing text from the email's body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KirstenS447 ,

This is purely based on how an email program will choose to display preview text in an inbox. Some will ignore images, whereas others will try to include their associated URLs, or the their alternative text. For example, I do not see the URL when I view it in a Gmail client. There may be a setting, depending on the program, where you can turn this aspect off, but it'd vary wildly depending on the program. 

The only other way to avoid this would be to create longer subjects and prehehaders, long enough to not allow enough room for the affected email program to start previewing text from the email's body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KirstenS447
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you, William! That is very helpful to know.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST