Understanding unsubscribed contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
CarolineL44
Rookie
0 Votes

I represent several manufacturers. If I create a new list for a new manufacturer and use another manufacturer's contact list by merging the list to the new manufacturer, if the customer unsubscribes because they do not have an interest for the new product, does this unsubscribe them from the manufacture's list that they are interested in staying on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarolineL44 ,

Unsubscription is account-wide due to the number of legal and Compliance-related elements associated with it. Customers wanting to be on different lists will need to use the Update Profile form in the footer (unless explicitly turned off in your My Settings), or you can provide a way through your personally created website / sign up forms for your contacts to select the lists they want to be on.

For more info on Unsubscriptions

For more info on the Update Profile form

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarolineL44 ,

Unsubscription is account-wide due to the number of legal and Compliance-related elements associated with it. Customers wanting to be on different lists will need to use the Update Profile form in the footer (unless explicitly turned off in your My Settings), or you can provide a way through your personally created website / sign up forms for your contacts to select the lists they want to be on.

For more info on Unsubscriptions

For more info on the Update Profile form

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST