Using the Contact Management Dashboard

SOLVED
Go to solution
JennyG
Rookie

I want to keep my monthly cost as low as possible so I want to delete contacts who are no longer viable customers. I am not clear if I should delete or just not include them in a list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JennyG ,

Simply removing contacts from lists doesn't make them inactive / non-billable. You'll want to fully remove unviable contacts, like bounces and low-engagement contacts.

You can use segmentation to filter out contacts who've chronically not opened your emails. You can then further manage this segment by adding it to a list, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list. There's also our pre-built low engagement segmentation, which you can use to re-engage those specific contacts that rarely if ever open your emails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JennyG ,

Simply removing contacts from lists doesn't make them inactive / non-billable. You'll want to fully remove unviable contacts, like bounces and low-engagement contacts.

You can use segmentation to filter out contacts who've chronically not opened your emails. You can then further manage this segment by adding it to a list, determining which contacts may still be worth keeping (such as very recent additions based on Date Added), and then deleting all the remaining non-openers and the segment list. There's also our pre-built low engagement segmentation, which you can use to re-engage those specific contacts that rarely if ever open your emails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST