WPEngine.com

SOLVED
Go to solution
ReginaR796
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hello!

Is it possible to get a basic email CC signup form on a wpengine site? Without being a coder or hiring one?

In trying to get a simple CC signup form in my wpengine.com site's sidebar, I went to Signup Forms page in my CC account.

Right off the bat I did not see that I could use a CC signup form.

On that same CC page, Optin Monster was prominent (somehow I missed the CC signup form). And my host, wpengine.com recommends OM as one of the best.

So I signed up for OM Basic Plan.

The following is my experience on Basic OM Pricing Plan.

OM support pages talk about wordpress.com and wordpress.org but nothing about wpengine.com which is really big business now-- weird that OM would not mention it.

So I read all wordpress and other OM support pages many times over, before reaching out to OM Support.

Here's latest from my OM support person: "The output setting [that I set] is correct, The campaign should not be showing at the bottom of some of the pages. Do you have added the OptinMonster embed code somewhere on the theme file as well? Perhaps at some of the templates?" [No, and no.]

For now, my optin form that does display says this form is a test, and to please check back in a few weeks, as it should be working by then. With OM logo.

Then I tested one of my email addresses my optin form but that's not working either.

I'm a one-person micro-business-- hoping I do everything from CC, then unsuspend my account to get new campaigns going. Once tried free Mail Chimp, but support was lacking. CC offers much better support so that's why I'm trying to make CC signup for work again.

I'll be calling CC support again after July 4th holiday and hopefully get it working. Have 166 daily visitors to my site, but missing their signups.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Regina ~ Clean Solutions for Healthy Homes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! We do not have specific instructions for wpengine.com, but you can find our general instructions here. Not all websites work with our inline or popup form, and in these instances I recommend using a Lead Generation Landing Page and linking it to a button or some text. 

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Kara_D
Employee

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! We do not have specific instructions for wpengine.com, but you can find our general instructions here. Not all websites work with our inline or popup form, and in these instances I recommend using a Lead Generation Landing Page and linking it to a button or some text. 

Kara.D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ReginaR796
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks Kara! 

Hmmm. WPEngine.com is a major managed Wordpress host that recommends Constant Contact. And I really want a simple signup form for my same sidebar displaying on my blog pages, and most of my static pages.

So I'm puzzled why CC is not supporting this major managed Wordpress host.

The reason I didn't follow up sooner on your advice:

>  I recommend using a Lead Generation Landing Page and linking it to a button or some text. 

What might that button or text look like in my sidebar?  I've searched and searched CC site for that. Not clear to me on this support page, where invitation starts / ends vs landing page. Hope CC can clarify that page to make that clear. https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/32012-Create-a-Lead-Generation-Land...

Still no further signups.

Today I spent 3 hours, again, trying to figure out how to get a simple signup form, reading many support pages.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

William_A
Administrator

The issue lies more in that Wordpress doesn't allow outside scripting unless it's specifically developed an integration with such a system, so our regular coded signup forms aren't able to be applied to the sites. For Wordpress.com and .org there is the integration that's been developed, but those have their own specialized teams to develop and troubleshoot. For example, here's the .org integration page for installation and support.

With that said, if you're planning to use the landing page sign up form, it's as simple and straightforward as linking any other URL. After you've created and published your landing page form, you'll be able to copy its share URL and apply that wherever you want. If you're needing assistance on how to link things or make buttons on your wpengine site, I'd recommend reaching out to their support for that, as have absolutely no insight on their system, or ability to troubleshoot and manage it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ReginaR796
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks William!  I see the issue.

Meanwhile, before finding your reply, early this am I went back in and re-tried the landing page I'd created earlier. Got my signup form in my website sidebar.

Tested by logging out of wpegine account, and signing up for my email list with a new email address.

It worked! Through my laptop.

But it's not working via signing up on same form via my iphone.

Got any ideas, given what's worked so far?

William_A
Administrator

Are you using a different email address, or did you either unsubscribe or delete the address you'd previously entered the first time before testing again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ReginaR796
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks William!  I'll look over my notes to check for either.

ReginaR796
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks for explaining, William. And sorry for my antsy-ness. I've since absorbed more of this. Worth investing the time!  Having a V.A. down the line, to help with marketing tasks, will help. Good day to you 🙂

ReginaR796
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks again Kara! 

I took your advice about using a landing page. And that solved the problem. Signups are working through my site.

Editing my published signup form-- I can see results in CC, and hit publish. But not seeing results on my website sidebar where I published it.  Should I delete that published form and create a new one?  I'd  copy the old form, edit there, then publish the new form. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST