When using a custom background...can you add animated things such as falling snowflakes?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidM0282
Rookie
0 Votes

Or if you can do this in the body of the email that would be great too!

If so, please let me know how to do this!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DavidM0282 ,

While you might be able to find an existing template with a falling snow outer background or pre-made .GIF image insert, we tend to avoid having such graphics for inner backgrounds. A lot of email programs tend not to like or work well with .GIF effects overlaying entire emails, or existing in the background, compared to just standard images set into it.

If you know coding, you may have a better chance of achieving the effect you want by using the custom code editor. Otherwise, I'd advise sticking with a simpler falling snow gif you can just apply like a normal, separate image in the email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DavidM0282 ,

While you might be able to find an existing template with a falling snow outer background or pre-made .GIF image insert, we tend to avoid having such graphics for inner backgrounds. A lot of email programs tend not to like or work well with .GIF effects overlaying entire emails, or existing in the background, compared to just standard images set into it.

If you know coding, you may have a better chance of achieving the effect you want by using the custom code editor. Otherwise, I'd advise sticking with a simpler falling snow gif you can just apply like a normal, separate image in the email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DavidM0282
Rookie
0 Votes

Ok, Thank you so much!! Have a great day!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST