adding video

LisaV733
Rookie
0 Votes

Can I add a video directly to the email without using a URL?  I don't want to use Vimeo, You Tube or another platform to click through?

I want the video to play with one click.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @LisaV733 ,

Videos are not able to be uploaded to the Library due to sizing and file type restrictions. Additionally, more and more email programs do not want embedded videos to be in emails due to security risks and email size bloat, therefore we only allow links to videos. 

If you don't want to use standard video hosting site, you can also upload the video to a cloud drive, and link to it that way.

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LisaV733 ,

Videos are not able to be uploaded to the Library due to sizing and file type restrictions. Additionally, more and more email programs do not want embedded videos to be in emails due to security risks and email size bloat, therefore we only allow links to videos. 

If you don't want to use standard video hosting site, you can also upload the video to a cloud drive, and link to it that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST