display inconsistent on different platforms

MVC1997
Rookie
0 Votes

Everything looks good on my Mac laptop screen, but my emails look awful on the screens of PC users (in Outlook)!  There are gaps between the boxes and the images float within the frame and text looks awful. How can I correct this? I will have to change email platforms if I can't achieve better formatting control.

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MVC1997 ,

What version of Outlook (e.g. 2010, 2016, etc.) for desktop are the contacts reporting to have issues on? Are these display issues occurring on any other email programs on the PC that the recipients have access to? Are there any settings they're able to find in their respective Outlook programs that'd affect text reformatting or image resizing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MVC1997
Rookie
0 Votes

I have a subscriber list of more than 3,000. There is no way I can manage their settings and software. My boss and many co-workers have new PC laptops, and my CC emails look like hell on their screens. Formatting is all messed up.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Without additional information, there's not much we can really troubleshoot in regards to this. If you can at least provide what OL versions your coworkers are using, examples of how it looks, and confirm what the emails look like in other email apps / programs (such as Apple Mail, Outlook mobile app, Gmail, etc.) it can assist us in this regard.

If you're unable to collect any of that troubleshooting info, then we'd advise calling our general support for live troubleshooting and assistance.

William A
DSIGroup
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William, I wanted to follow up on this thread because we are seeing the same issues. 

The emails we design appear correctly when viewed on Gmail, for example, but on Outlook the issues described by OP have been persisting since the major update earlier this year. We have 165k+ subscribers, many of whom use Outlook, who are seeing emails with the formatting messed up. It is all versions of Outlook that have this issue as far as we can tell. Please advise.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Please call general support for live troubleshooting.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST