remove company name data selectively

MattLara
Rookie
0 Votes

We have a number of contacts where the company name field is populated with lastName,FirstName due to the way they were set up to be imported (our issue, we have corrected this).  We were able to update these contacts to where the first and last names are now in the correct fields. For contacts that just had a company, we left the company name populated.

The problem is that we now nave many contacts that have a first name, a last name and a company name still populated with 'lastName,FirstName'.  We would like to remove the company name data from any contact containing a last name.  We can do this manually, but we have thousands of contacts.  Is there any way to do this in bulk?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MattLara , 

Great question! Currently, we do not have the ability to allow users to clear out mass amounts of information from contact fields at one time, but we do have an open feature request for this. I will definitely tag this feature request on your account, and have our technical team reach out with any updates we have on this.

In the meantime, it's possible that our technical team may be able to clear that data on your behalf. I would recommend reaching out to our support team at 866-289-2101 for live, 1:1 support. They will then need to chat with our technical team and request that the data be cleared from your field of choice. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST