truncating

SOLVED
Go to solution
ColonialHeritage
Rookie
0 Votes

.  Our residents are complaining about weekly blasts being truncated on the cellphones.  what can be done about that? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ColonialHeritage ,

Various email programs / apps will cutoff emails that become too long, and require their users to explicitly click to show more of the email. Unfortunately the only way to avoid this is to simply send shorter emails. I'd advise going though this article on email length advice. Beyond that, the simplest "solution" is to add a View as Webpage link at the top of your email if you're unable to shorten it enough to avoid an email program automatically cutting it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ColonialHeritage ,

Various email programs / apps will cutoff emails that become too long, and require their users to explicitly click to show more of the email. Unfortunately the only way to avoid this is to simply send shorter emails. I'd advise going though this article on email length advice. Beyond that, the simplest "solution" is to add a View as Webpage link at the top of your email if you're unable to shorten it enough to avoid an email program automatically cutting it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BetsyS46
Rookie
0 Votes

@ColonialHeritage Depending on your audience, having a "view as webpage link" may not get noticed.  My audience is ever changing and varies greatly in age, computer skills and eyesight!  They consistently did not realize there was a link for a webpage view and didn't even realize the emails were being truncated.  Here is my work around for viewing truncated emails:

I create the campaign/newsletter in Constant Contact and send it to myself only.  This will create the url link for the newsletter that can be viewed as a webpage link in its entirety.  You can get the link easily from your sent campaigns.  I then send this link to all our members in an email.  In the email I introduce the general theme of the newsletter and say "to read our newsletter, click the following link".  I do this through our gmail account, but the link can certainly be shared through a short Constant Contact blast instead.  Our population no longer misses out on half the newsletter!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST