How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

[Events 2.0] Export registrant data, Include Registration Fields in the Registrant Export

There should be a way to export the complete registration data from the Events platform.  The current method of copying the data from the screen and pasting into a spreadsheet is STUPID and far below what I have come to expect from Constant Contact.

When I create the event, all registration data should be stored in a contact list that captures ALL registration information from the registration page.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Exporting registrant info in full is available in Events 2.0.

36 Comments
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

Agree. There must be a way to export the Events 2.0 Beta registration list like with legacy events. Not all Registration form fields appear on the Registrants list - and a workaround by opening each registration to view form fields is not a viable option.

Also, the Actions option on Registrants list is not working, i.e., unable to change Registration Status and Payment Status, and there's no way to cancel a registration.

Events 2.0 Beta is not ready for prime time. Send it back to Alpha and give us back Legacy Events - at least it's (somewhat) functional.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Full event reporting is available by going to Export from the event dashboard. This will export all information collected. Further work is being done to allow for reports to only include selected fields. We don't have a committed date for when advanced reporting will be launched but we'll provide updates if there is anything shared with us.

ElvinM
Rookie

It would be nice if the new version would include functionality that is already part of the legacy event page. I am unable to download registration in .csv format to input into excel.  This is a big issue for us managing registrations for events.  

In addition, I no longer receive alerts when someone registers. 

Hoping new updates to the new events page are done soon. 

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

Caitlin: I understand there is no option to opt out of Events 2.0 Beta and return to Legacy Events while you work on further developing this beta version. For many of us who require a reliable event management solution, a half-baked Events 2.0 Beta with no committed date on the launch of a fully functioning application is unsettling, and frankly a breach of trust. One could question if the services we have come to expect (and pay for) are being adequately rendered.

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

@dcrhoa86 wrote:

There should be a way to export the complete registration data from the Events platform.  The current method of copying the data from the screen and pasting into a spreadsheet is STUPID and far below what I have come to expect from Constant Contact.

When I create the event, all registration data should be stored in a contact list that captures ALL registration information from the registration page.

FYI: I see they add an "Export" button to Events 2.0 Beta Registrants Reporting. However, it only exports the data shown in the grid below (duh) and fails to capture all the registration data, i.e., Registration form fields. We need to export all the registration data like in Legacy Events.

DianeW414
Rookie

I was happy to see the new option to export registrants from the new event system.  But I need Company and Address in the export.  When will we be able to specify fields for the export, or at least get all the information?  

AZA9
Campaign Collaborator
Is there anyway to generate a report that includes all registration form fields? I can only seem to get First Name, Last Name, and Email address. The additional fields I added to the form are only visible when I view an individual registration record.
DianeW414
Rookie

I certainly hope the advanced reporting will be in place before mid-October, when we will need to produce attendee lists and badges with Name and Company.  I hope that I will not have to copy/paste all the Company data into Excel, yuck.

For now, it's embarrassing when my colleagues ask why Company, Address, etc. isn't on the report.  We're doing a trial, and they are not getting a good impression of Constant Contact.

AZA9
Campaign Collaborator

"Advanced reporting" is a rather lofty term for exporting form data. 

DianeW414
Rookie

I should add that I'd be happy with just an option to export "All Fields" -- I can delete the fields I don't need in Excel.  The option to select which fields to export can come later.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More