How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

Tool box is blocked

When I'm trying to edit a block the tool box gets in the way and I can't see what I'm trying to edit in the header. This is very annoying. I mentioned it last year in a chat and it still isn't fixed!

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

@SusanS222 When viewing your email, I can see the toolbar appearing normally as I scroll. The behavior is not reproducible across all accounts so we need to collect information from users affected by the toolbar not appearing even when the browser is set to 100% zoom and the window is at full width. Please email communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following information:

• Username
  • A reference to this post, such as a link
  • Browser(s) affected
  • Full page screenshot of the missing toolbar
  • A screen recording if possible
  • Operating system

The more information we receive, the easier it will be for our product team to research the issue.

42 Comments
SusanS222
Campaign Expert

Caitlyn_M, glad that helped her, but many of us are not zoomed in, I'm at 100% and it's still an issue. This has been going on a ridiculous amount of time for no resolution, please fix.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

@SusanS222 When viewing your email, I can see the toolbar appearing normally as I scroll. The behavior is not reproducible across all accounts so we need to collect information from users affected by the toolbar not appearing even when the browser is set to 100% zoom and the window is at full width. Please email communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following information:

• Username
  • A reference to this post, such as a link
  • Browser(s) affected
  • Full page screenshot of the missing toolbar
  • A screen recording if possible
  • Operating system

The more information we receive, the easier it will be for our product team to research the issue.

DanielB9926
Rookie

I have the exact same issue.  When you click inside the campaign to edit text, the text formatting box pops up, covering the text that I'm trying to edit.  

The fix is simply making the "text editing pop-up box" moveable across the screen.  

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

great fix @DanielB9926! We've been discussing this for more than a year and I don't think anyone ever thought of that one. We were always focused on making it pop up in the right place, but this fix would definitely solve the problem. Let the user decide where they want thte editing block to be at any given time.

SusanS222
Campaign Expert

awesome @DanielB9926, how do we do that though? thanks!

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @SusanS222. To (hopefully) clarify Daniel's comment, the toolbar is not moveable in the editor. This was a suggested feature by them. 

SusanS222
Campaign Expert

oh, bummer, ok, thanks @ Caitlin_M. I just saw that you asked for more details, which I missed that post. Is that still needed? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @SusanS222. Yes, this would be very appreciated. We'd rather have more information than needed than not enough. 

SusanS222
Campaign Expert

@Caitlin_M, done! 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

@Caitlin_M

Yes, the feature suggested by @DanielB9926 was a suggestion and not an existing feature, but a great suggestion, I thought. Is there a way to get this brought forward as something people can see and vote on?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More