Q&A: A Blueprint for Year-End Fundraising Success

Caitlin_M
Administrator

It’s time to kickstart your year-end fundraising plans. 

We're taking the most popular questions from our latest webinar and expanding upon them so you can uncover the essentials of building an effective fundraising campaign. Also, learn how to craft compelling narratives that tell your organization’s story while captivating your audience and harnessing the power of modern tools and channels to maximize efficiency.

You can view the webinar directly through Wistia or right here on the Blog!

🌟Want to talk to others in the nonprofit space? Join our Nonprofit Group!

Our nonprofit does an end-of-year appeal. Any ideas to make ours stand out?

I’d check out 11 Ways to Nail Your Holiday Fundraising Appeal This Giving Season. It’s important to acknowledge your donors on a more personal level and highlight how their contributions are positively impacting your nonprofit goals. Design-wise, there are a lot of template options to build from and make your own.

How do I identify which channels I should increase my presence in to increase outreach and donations?

Focus on email, social media, and text/SMS. These are the major channels to promote and communicate about your events and other fundraising campaigns in a public space. 

Email reaches your most interested audience directly and provides a larger space to share more details. and include more images. Social media drives awareness and garners engagement. This is also the space to encourage your followers to sign up for your emails! SMS messages are best for more timely announcements.

How do we connect with potential donors?

​This is the perfect opportunity for storytelling. Your nonprofit storytelling should hit on all of the personal factors that draw prospects to your mission. Think about what’s important to your donors, like the health of their family members who have a history of cancer, combined with initiatives that will present a solution to a problem they have, like a research project that could help cancer patients live longer. If someone directly benefited from a past donation, ask if they would be comfortable sharing their experience.

How do you craft your message to compel donors to give big without alienating others who might not be able to give a large gift, and often not give anything feeling their donation won't make a difference?

Many organizations will equate a dollar amount where the donor can easily see how their donation, large or small, creates an impact. For example, $100 can provide training and $10 provides food for a week.

What is a drip campaign?

A drip campaign is a series of emails automated to be sent over a predetermined period of time. The emails will be triggered by a specific user action - or lack thereof. You can create an automated series in your Constant Contact account.

Is SMS Marketing included in my plan?

SMS Marketing is an add-on to your email plan, starting at $10 a month.

Can you talk about regulations about how you can text people? Do they have to sign up and say yes you can text me before you can text them?

Your SMS contacts need to say yes to receiving your texts, just like with email. Other regulations include ensuring people are aware of what they are signing up for, they will need to confirm their registration in a text message as well as including your organization's name and how they can opt out.

What software are you using to keep track of donors and their giving habits?

During this webinar, we spoke with Julia from Donor Perfect so we have to speak about it! You can pull detailed reports, watch campaigns, communicate with donors, and much more. However, if you're looking to shop around, check out Donor Perfect's buyer's guide to help you prioritize your needs.

We use Donor Perfect and Constant Contact, but we don't have a budget beyond that for marketing. How can I find donors without spending money? We currently only have a handful of donors, so I don't have people to email.

Acquiring new donors while having a small budget is a daunting task. However, there are plenty of no-cost strategies to help you get your name out there. Check out DonorPerfect's "New Donor" resources to get some practical ideas.

Is the AI bot an open or closed system? (Is the data we enter used as training data beyond the closed system)

DonorPerfect's fundraiser bot and the Constant Contact Content Generator tool are closed systems. None of the data is shared with anyone, including OpenAI.

We have many one-time donors and are finding little success getting them to re-engage. Any suggestions?

Getting the second gift is so important, and yet so difficult. Here are some resources for donor retention.

Resources

Community Blog

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge: Week 1 - Goal Setting

Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business.

Join challenge