Q&A: Last-Minute Holiday Marketing Ideas to Finish the Year Strong

Caitlin_M
Administrator

The holidays are right around the corner, but if you don’t have a marketing plan, don't stress. We've got you covered with last-minute holiday marketing tips to help you finish the year strong.

We're taking the most popular questions from our latest webinar and expanding upon them to assist you in promoting your offers and messages using simple yet powerful strategies and learning some time-saving techniques to maximize your impact during the holiday season.

Have a question left over from the webinar? Leave us a comment below.

You can view the webinar directly through Wistia or right here on the Blog!

Our nonprofit does an end-of-year appeal. Any ideas to make ours stand out?

I’d check out 11 Ways to Nail Your Holiday Fundraising Appeal This Giving Season. It’s important to acknowledge your donors on a more personal level and highlight how their contributions are positively impacting your nonprofit goals. Design-wise, there are a lot of template options to build from and make your own.

How can I encourage holiday season donors to make the leap into sustained monthly giving?

The above answer covers a lot of this ground, but emphasize to your seasonal donors how their contributions have made a positive impact and how much more sustained giving would allow your organization to accomplish your goals.

How do I create and send a holiday greeting to my clients/customers?

We have a ton of tutorials on how you can create and schedule email campaigns to your contacts. Plus, you can check out 86 Holiday Templates for Small Businesses & Nonprofits if you need inspiration for how your template could look. 

A lot of emails that go out around the holidays are sales-related. What else can I send out that my contacts will enjoy that doesn't involve selling a product?

We have lots of suggestions! Do you have any resources to share, like a handout or listicle (Top 10 Things...., 5 Ways to Reduce Holiday Stress, etc)? Maybe they will enjoy a special recipe from an employee. You can have them participate in a contest such as a Ugly Sweater Contest or enter to win a gift card. Be a resource, not just a sales pitch.

How can I talk about the holidays while avoiding using a “Christmas” theme, as to be inclusive to all employees and community members?

For the actual written communication, you can simply use the word “Holiday” e.g. “Happy Holidays.” You can also use “Season’s Greetings” or use winter/snow/seasonal motifs to spruce up your verbiage. It’s the same with imagery; focusing on generalized concepts of the season like snow, lights, or warmth. Highlight the gathering of friends, peers, and loved ones as most people tend to do that in the winter months regardless of what holiday is around the corner.

If you’re communicating with your employees, you can just express appreciation for all of their hard work the past year and in the lead-up to the holiday season. Working with clients? Thank them for using your service.

What are some catchy subject lines to pique a customer’s attention?

Successful subject lines are an art, not a science (well, maybe a little science). It can depend on a lot of factors, such as who your audience is and what it is you’re trying to promote or bring attention to.  The Constant Contact Blog has a lot of articles that cover subject lines, including 12 Tips for Creating the Best Email Subject Lines

How do I bring my new customers into my contact lists?

Depending on your CRM (such as Shopify or WooCommerce), there may be an integration available to automatically bring over these contacts. If you do sales outside of these programs or even in person, take advantage of our variety of sign-up tools. Create a QR code that connects to a landing page. Doing social marketing? Include a link to a sign-up form in your posts. Don't forget to put one on your website!

What marketing techniques do you recommend for SMS/text messaging?

SMS Marketing is big right now, but it’s important to be mindful of the different and more restrictive guidelines that come with it. That said, there are plenty of best practices to build relationships and increase sales using SMS marketing.

Can you tell me more about the Marketing Advisor program?

With the service, you get an hour a month to spend with an advisor who can help guide you through a marketing strategy. Whether you're just getting started and need to get your marketing set up or if you've been with us awhile and are looking for better results or an effective marketing plan, our advisors can work with you to meet your goals. Along with having a single point of contact at Constant Contact, you get access to priority support, so if you need to call in for technical help you can skip the line! Click here to find out more about the program.

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article