Check out the Latest Product Updates for Summer 2024!

Allow pasting of email addresses directly into an email campaign as recipients

MarjorieB269
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm coming over from , and they have a feature where you can paste or type in email addresses as a Pasted Segment as the recipients of your email campaign. Any addresses that aren't already in your audience are automatically removed. I really miss this feature -- I have a situation where I send out emails each week to only a segment of one of my lists, and it is a different segment each week (based on who is coming to a weekly event). It's going to be a real pain to have to create a new list each time, when all I have to do in is sort my Excel file to show who's coming, select and copy the list of addresses, and paste into the email campaign.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarjorieB269 ,

Please keep our Community Guidelines in mind when posting, and do not name-drop competitors. 

For what you're trying to do, honestly it sounds like this would all be easily accomplished with the type/paste multiple method of importing, and then using either contact removal or segmentation to filter out these pasted contacts. You can also use tags for narrowing during the email scheduling, or as part of the segmentation calculation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MarjorieB269
Rookie
0 Votes

Sorry about the breach, this is my first time posting.

No, that's not really what I'm looking for -- I need to be able to do this on individual email campaigns, and filtering by tags would mean I would have to add and remove tags to the contacts on a weekly basis, creating more work for me. I don't want to add contacts to a list, I just want to send particular ones an email without having to create a new list. Basically, I have 30 members of a group (list). Only some of them will be attending a weekly event on any given week, and I send out preparatory materials in advance based on who has RSVPed for that week.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jul 25
Webinar: Master Your Digital Marketing Metrics
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST