Deleted contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
beulahB0
Rookie
0 Votes
I deleted my contacts by mistake. How can I recover my contacts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @beulahB0 ,

If this is still within 24 hours of you accidentally deleting contacts, you can try calling our general support so they can collect the necessary info for a contact rewind, but please bear in mind we can't guarantee it will work perfectly.

If you know the list they were on, you can try searching for recent emails that were sent to that list, and export the Send report of the specific email to re-import into your contacts. Just the email addresses alone would be enough to restore the full data they had prior to deletion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @beulahB0 ,

If this is still within 24 hours of you accidentally deleting contacts, you can try calling our general support so they can collect the necessary info for a contact rewind, but please bear in mind we can't guarantee it will work perfectly.

If you know the list they were on, you can try searching for recent emails that were sent to that list, and export the Send report of the specific email to re-import into your contacts. Just the email addresses alone would be enough to restore the full data they had prior to deletion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (78%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST