Event Tool 2.0 - Variables in Event emails

TanyaC53
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I would suggest that you add in the ability to put event variables such as EVENT.NAME/DATE/LOCATION as the old version used to let us do, the 2.0 version only allows certain contact and organization variable. Use case would be if I want to make a post-event email that I can use repeatedly, I could set it up in the event and not have to change all of the information specifically if I could use the EVENT.NAME variable. I understand that I can make a specific custom variable in the contact's record and call that, but it seems redundant given that the information already exists inside the Events tool.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TanyaC53 ,

Does creating the email within the event itself, or adding an event block attached to that particular event provide the necessary components? Can you provide an example of your setup in the legacy tool of what you're trying to accomplish in the new system?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
TanyaC53
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Hopefully this will help to explain. Having to use one of the 'left column' content blocks to achieve the layout desired, I would like to be able to use event variables like the name, or date, or time or location. The old tool used to call these "placeholder information" or "fields". perhaps they could be added to the pulldown 'insert' as highlighted in the below image. 

Additions-to-CC-Event-Email.jpgOld-CC-EventEmail.jpg

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

So, this is technically already covered by the event blocks, and anything beyond that would be custom HTML coding that isn't available in the regular email builder. If you're wanting to be able to create your email with HTML coding, I'd advise using the custom code editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST